Friday, May 14, 2010

First post and Tenderoni

All right, party people. Who can guess what this blog will be about?

That's right, music!

So to start, I'm going to take a look at "Tenderoni," the first single from Kele Okereke's debut album, "The Boxer." But first, a little history.

Kele was the lead singer for my favorit band, Bloc Party, who recently went on hiatus and all started doing different things. Russel Lissack (guitarist) joined Pin Me Down, Gordon Moakes (bassist/keyboaridst) is touring with Ash, and Matt Tong (drummer) is doing...drummer things.

The song sounds quite unlike any Bloc Party song, which I take to be a good thing, that Kele's forging his own path. I like this song, but it's not one of my favorites.

When I first heard this song, I thought "Oh fuck, Kele's been autotuned," but then I realized that that was just his style. And his Britishness. He sounds perfectly fine, and he has yet to resort to speaking instead of singing. I hope he never will.

This song is heavily techno, but that doesn't do much for me either way.

I do have one qualm with this song, and that's that, on the chorus, Kele's words become indecipherable and difficult to hear. I at first thought that it was just sound effects that sounded like words, like the chorus on Bloc Party's "Ares," but then realized that his singing was just being covered up by all of the techno.

All in all, it's a pretty decent song. Go ahead and give it a listen, and post your comments right below. If you have any.

Peace.
~Ed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdQioZHYpvQ

No comments:

Post a Comment